Nature & Surroundings
The surrounding nature and the presence of a special power spot in the old fruit orchard support you to set aside the mundane issues of everyday life. Thus, you can step into a place of peace where you are remarkably connected with yourself. Because the site has many large old beech, oak and chestnut trees, a walk on the grounds can put you in a different state of mind.
Birds, bees, insects, rabbits and other small game are abundantly present here. It is our intention that human and animal can live next to each other in harmony here.
In the old vegetable garden, for example at the well, you can discover special places where time has come to a stand still. The core of the natural power of this place is situated here - The Source.
There is also a piece of magical forest on site that you can walk around. We request that guests stay on the path so as not to disturb the special energy that is being protected there.
It is possible to rent a regular or electric bicycle through a local bicycle rental company, they will then be delivered to us and also picked up again, so that you can explore the beautiful surroundings by bicycle. Our building is:
- At the Michealshoeve, the site is currently (September 2022) being renovated and the normal approach route is temporarily broken. We will send you the alternative route before your arrival. Some buildings are empty and awaiting demolition, others are being used or are in use, all with a care and/or social purpose.
- Four hundred meters from the IJssel. This area used to be a wetland.
- Five minutes cycling distance from the heart of Brummen.
- Ten minutes by bike from the ferry across the IJssel to Bronckhorst, a picturesque and historical village with city status.
- Fifteen minutes by bike from the heart of Zutphen.
- By car at twenty-five minutes from Deventer and Apeldoorn and twenty minutes from the beautiful nature reserve The Posbank.
- Ten minutes by bike from the Bronsbergen Lake. In addition, there is plenty of other Natural Swimming Water in the area, ask us for more information.